Traditional 3/4 Frame Swing Sign Panel
Please log in/register to see your discounts
Have this product with its options and price emailed to you as a quote.
Traditional 3/4 framed rectangular double sided sign panel
This double sided Swing Sign style used to be a very common sight on the high street, with it's heavy framing around 3 sides.
Historically, these signs were made from wooden planks with a heavy timber moulding. They would take some time to manufacture, and then days and days to properly paint & protect, making them expensive in the first place, and then they required constant maintenance.
This design didn't have a bottom frame to prevent water collecting and rotting in the joints between the timber frame & panel.
We've brought it all up to date with our very own aluminium extrusion fitted to a 19mm thick panel, neither of which will rot, - thereby requiring little or no maintenance.
The benefits include:-
- Made to measure - (click the 'Technical' tab above for further info)
- Virtually maintenance free
The standard (and quickest) is a white PVC panel with a black powder coated frame.
We can have the framing powder coated to your requirements, which tends to add 7-10 days to delivery. (Please enter the RAL colour code when ordering)
We don't spray the panels 'in house', - but can happily get you a quote.
We have a matched Frame Mount LED Trough Lighting option to fix directly to the top of the panel.
We use IP67 rated 24volt system for robustness & reliability, all mounted internally, and it comes with 3 metres of cable to connect into your timer, or you can specify a built in Photocell Switch. Choose between Cool White or Warm White lighting.
Standard colour is black, but if you choose a different frame colour the Trought will be done at the same time at no extra charge.
The frame is an aluminium extrusion, 55 x 65mm, which we have specifically designed for double sided signs and to be easily fabricated into several variations, including this 3/4 framed option. It is strong and robust, and the ends are finished off with colour coded blanking plates.
Standard colour is black, but we can have it powder coated to your requirements (adds 7-10 days to delivery)
Hanging Eyes or Hanger Strap
We have two ways of hanging the panel.
The simplest is a pair of Hanging Eyes which screw to internal 'nut plates' so that they can't be pulled out.
As most of our Projecting Brackets have eye centres at 410mm, that is our default measurement for the eyes, - but if you're ordering this panel for a pre-existing bracket you need to give us the exact Eye Centres measurement.
Note:- You may need to order a pair of Carabina Links if it's being fitted to a pre-existing bracket, - (but if it's going onto one of our brackets there is no need for them)
Traditionally (and for strength) this style of sign usually had a Hanger Strap which was a steel band with welded Hanging Eyes, that was screwed along the top and part way down both sides of the frame. Obviously, This makes the whole panel more robust, and we particularly recommend it for the larger (heavier) signs.
The panel is a 19mm thick white satin faced PVC which is grooved & fitted into the framing, and it has internal strengthening screws.
The exposed bottom panel edge can either be left traditionally square, or it can be 'bull nosed'.
Note:- Special sized Hanger Straps need to be made, and will add 7-10 days to the delivery time.
- Delivery charges vary based on the product, size and delivery address.
- Estimated delivery charges for this item.
Mainland UK and Scottish Mainland - £15.95
Grampions - £15.95
Isle of Wight - £19.95
Scottish and other Islands - £38.00
Scottish Highlands - £28.25
Northern Ireland - £38.00
- For an accurate delivery charge, please enter the delivery postcode in the cart or at the checkout.
Shipping processing time
- All orders for stock items are generally processed within 1-2 days working days.
- Orders for special colours or more bespoke items will take longer. We usually have these processed within 10 days working days, but it may take longer depending on the specifications.
- If you have a particular delivery deadline, please call the office on 01524 841726 to discuss your needs.
- If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed. Please allow additional time for your delivery. If there will be a significant delay in any shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.
Shipment Confirmation & Order Tracking
- All deliveries must be examined - before being signed for.
- Any damage or shortage must be noted with your signature and to us within 24 hours, otherwise the carriers will deny responsibility, and we will be unable to make a claim on your behalf.