Large Panel Trim Sign Frame - complete kit
Please log in/register to see your discounts
Have this product with its options and price emailed to you as a quote.
Our Large Panel Trim has a cover face of 45mm (which takes a 5mm panel), and is specifically designed for the deeper panels and/or for use in particularly windy locations.
The kit includes all four sides pre drilled & mitred, the corner cleats set into the side pieces and fixing screws & plugs so that all you have to do is fix it to the wall.
We manufacture the kit to the size you specify, i.e. the outer size so please remember that the viewable size will be 90mm less in each direction.
If your sign is less than say 400mm deep or larger if its going inside, you may want to consider our Small Panel Trim which has a slimmer profile. If your panel is not so deep (say up to 1.5metre) and not located in a particularly windy situation, you should probably think about our Medium Panel Trim framing because it is slimmer with a cover face of 35mm so doesn't look too bulky on the mid range sizes.
With this size its essential to suspend the panel from the top rail by means of a 'hanger strip' so that the panel will always hang straight & flat. If you just stand the panel in the bottom rail there is a danger that it may become distorted due to it's own weight, particularly in the summer when it can get very hot. This sort of problem is more likely when the panel is Acrylic or Foam PVC, but even if your using ACM, its better to use Hanger Strips because it's easier to get them in & out in the future because theyre not stuck in the build up of dirt that accumulates in the bottom rail over the years.
We stock Anodised Silver, and powder coated Black and White, or we can powder coat to your specific colour.
If your sign Is longer than a single panel, you should use a pair of panel locks to keep the panels together to ensure no gaps appear between the sheets.
- Remember that the panel needs to be loose enough to allow it to expand in the summer & contract in the winter without it becoming trapped & then distorted, so we suggest that your panel be 30mm less than the overall frame size, and that you notch the corners as shown so as to prevent the panel nipping in the corners.
- If your sign is made up of more than one panel you really should 'half lap' and fit anti flex plates behind the joint in the panels and put 'Panel Locks' at the top. This is to keep the panels tight together at all times, which looks better & prevents the wind getting behind the panels, which can risk blowouts.
- It's a good idea to lightly grease the hanger strip and the rails where they come into contact with the panel as this aids future removal.
- If its in a particularly windy location you may consider putting a 'hanger strip' along the bottom edge as well as this will prevent the panel being 'sucked out' by the wind. This strip doesn't want to be too deep otherwise it may nip the panels in particularly cold weather.
- A run of grease along the hanger strip & on the frame where it touches the panel makes it easier to get in & out in the future.
- Delivery charges vary based on the product, size and delivery address.
- Estimated delivery charges for this item.
This product is subject to a length surcharge, depending on the length and delivery location.
Mainland UK and Scottish Mainland - from £8.60
Grampions - from £25.00
Isle of Wight - from £21.55
Scottish and other Islands - from £47.00
Scottish Highlands - from £39.00
Northern Ireland - from £40.99
- For an accurate delivery charge, please enter the delivery postcode in the cart or at the checkout.
Shipping processing time
- All orders for stock items are generally processed within 1-2 days working days.
- Orders for special colours or more bespoke items will take longer. We usually have these processed within 10 days working days, but it may take longer depending on the specifications.
- If you have a particular delivery deadline, please call the office on 01524 841726 to discuss your needs.
- If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed. Please allow additional time for your delivery. If there will be a significant delay in any shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.
Shipment Confirmation & Order Tracking
- All deliveries must be examined - before being signed for.
- Any damage or shortage must be noted with your signature and to us within 24 hours, otherwise the carriers will deny responsibility, and we will be unable to make a claim on your behalf.